danfoss HSV3 3 port valve - compression fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace the 3 way valve on my central heating system as it is leaking from the top when running on the rad circuit only. It fits using compression joints, I just want to take the old one out and fit the new one, is it likely I'll need to replace any of the pipework due to the olives damaging it when originally installed/pressed in, or is it simply a case of getting the old olives off giving the pipe a quick clean and installing the new valve? Any advice appreciated.

Ta

Sponsored Links
use the old olives/nuts. useally ok 9/10 times.
just wire wool them and fit new valve.

I would also use some jointing compound on the olives, whether you use old or new ones.

Thanks, I was intending to use PTFE tape, I guess jointing compound is better? However some guides say don't use either on a compression fitting.

Sponsored Links
In a perfect world you shouldn't need either, but the world is far from perfect.

It will cause no harm to use one or the other ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back