Danfoss Programmer problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Our Danfoss CP15 got knocked today and has since failed to work properly. All of a sudden, there's what looks like a small battery symbol in the LCD flashing.

And also, i can no longer hit the '+1Hr' button, it just doesn't work. So no heating and no hot water.

Any idea what the flashing battery symbol means? I took it apart and have replaced the battery. Even though it was welded in, i prised it out and replaced it with a brand new battery, but the same thing is happening. So i don't know what it means.

I've searched for a manual but can't find anything. If anyone has any ideas, i'd be greatly thankful!

Cheers,

Mr. Tickle.

Sponsored Links
Check the timer is has not come adrift from the back plate. Also ensure power is not switched off.

Battery symbol is suggestive of lack of mains getting to the electronic for one of above reasons.

Could be the timer is cuffed as a result of the dunt.

As DP says, programmer has become 'detached' from the mains somehow ;)

Hi DP,

Thanks for the input. I will go check.

Where does the power come from? Is it a mains thing?

Cheers

Mr. T.

Sponsored Links
Remove programmer from back plate and check pins etc. Neutral is first on left, live next to it on the right.

I've tried re-seating it on the connection pins but it doesn't seem to make any difference. We're not 100% sure that it was knocked.

Mr. Tickle said:
Our Danfoss CP15 got knocked today Mr. Tickle.

Not what you said first time :rolleyes:

Buy a new one. Will fit on backplate and Danfoss are very cheap ;)

All the cables are securely fixed to their screws. I also tried holding the unit to one side, incase the pins weren't making contact all along, but no dice.

Have you checked the simple, that the 3 amp fuse has not blown in fused outlet??

gas4you said:
Not what you said first time :rolleyes: quote]

Not sure what you mean.... that was what i said the first time.....(?)

Anyway, i will probably buy a new one, but i'd like to make sure that the programmer is busted before i get a new one. I can't spend £50 on one only to find out it's the backplate or some such thing.

When you mention the 3A fuse on the fused outlet - where is that likely to be? Are you talking about a fused spur thing with a neon light in it? Or on the Consumer Unit with RCD's?

Thanks again.

When you mention the 3A fuse on the fused outlet - where is that likely to be? Are you talking about a fused spur thing with a neon light in it? Or on the Consumer Unit with RCD's?
ANy of the above, anywhere.

If you remove the beast from the wall you should be able to find the mains on the wallplate - even with a neon screwdriver.

Check the instructions (probably online) for a reset function.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back