Help! Whats wrong with my Central Heating System?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

woke up this morning to find that my central heating was not working. The control unit (Danfoss CP15) was on but no red lights on to indicate hot water/heating was actually on. There was a small flashing symbol which looked vaguely like a battery. Anyway. I did the obvious and checked the fuse to the CU and changed it. The red lights came on and I jumped for joy... then I noticed that the radiators were not heating up. I then checked the boiler which was blowing air but not igniting the oil (Trianco Wall mounted). I'm not sure whats wrong as I dont even know if the pilot light is lit.

I've called an engineer but this could take some time and wondered if there was a simple procedure I could attempt to verify the cause.

I'm wondering if the Danfoss is now faulty..

Cheers

Paul

Sponsored Links
CP15 Instructions

The flashing battery means that power as been lost to the device and the internal battery is retaining the settings, but only for two days. Paragraph 14 is the important bit. Your timer may need resetting and then reprogrammed to your requirements.

thanks, but I've already reprogrammed the unit. The unit appears to be working fine, but the boiler isnt firing up - its just blowing air. The boiler "orange reset switch" (sorry for non techinical description) is not lit.

If this is the Trianco Eurostar:
There should be a RCD switch inside the boiler casing - check this is on
There is a boiler overheat stat switch that may need to be reset.
Its most unusual for the lockout lamp not to be displaying on these.
John :)

Sponsored Links
The boiler is a Trianco WM70 - interestingly, the control panel shows the heating/hot water to be off, and yet the boiler is still blowing air as it does pre ignition. So its blowing continually even though it should be off. Can I reset the boiler? if so, how - I can only see the front thermostat adjuster and the the lock out switch which is NOT illuminated

Please bear in mind I'm am not an engineer by any stretch!

Press the lockout switch anyway - if it clicks then its just its illumination that has failed.
If there's no joy whatsoever, I have to suspect the control box has failed somehow - or the electrical supply to it.
John :)

Cheers John, I've tried that, reset the control box and switched everything on and off and.. same situation :cry: I've called an engineer but luckily we have an immersion heater too and a log fire :LOL:

Hi Stevo
Sounds like its the control box then - but the photocell can keep the motor running if its faulty.
At least you can stay warm!
Please post back with the outcome.
Cheers John :)

will do John - no engineer yet, trying to source a Boiler Control Box today..

Changed the bioler control box yesterday - still no luck although at least its locking out now. Hopefully we will resolve this tomorrow!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back