Bolier not working for Central Heating (Help!!!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Just brought a new house recently.

When i put on the hot water the boiler fires up (pilot light lit up)
When i swith on the Central heating pilot don't light up.

I have put the thermostat to high, but still no joy

Boiler make = POTERTON PROFILE

Any ideas?

Thanks
Topman870

Sponsored Links
Can you hear the room stat click on?

I suspect that you will have either 2 x 2port valves or a 3 port valve in your airing cupboard. Either the 3 port head needs changing, or the ch 2 port head.

You need to check lives with a multimeter to confirm fault.

Yes i can here the click on the stat

Is replacing the valves costly?

That depends on who does it and in some cases just a failed motor can be changed. That could be a DIY job for a competent person.

We charge a fixed price diagnostic charge of £84 plus £34 for repairing/replacing the valve head but thats in London and includes a full system check and boiler service.

Others will do just the repair much cheaper. In deprived areas perhaps about £45 all in.

tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
Others will do just the repair much cheaper. In deprived areas perhaps about £45 all in.

What makes you think many parts of London are not classed as deprived :eek:

I would say an average price would be about £80 - 90 + VAT.

HI,

I foud out how to get the heating on, i need to have both hot water and Central heating on in order fot the heating to work.

Any ideas whys this would be?
Is It something to do with the wiring of the clock or somthing to with the valves.

Thanks

Valve /s as already stated, could be anything from a replacement actuator to a complete drain down and replacement valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back