Problem with Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a combi bolier and everytime I put the central heating on the radiators heat up but after a while soemthing happens and all the heating cuts out and the pilot light goes out.

Can anyone give me some idea of what the problem is?

Sponsored Links
If you edited your post and removed the word "combi", then we'd have nothing useful to go on at all.

Actually, come to think of it, no editing is needed. :rolleyes:

Dont you realise that if we are to be able to offer any suggestions that we need to know the make and model of your boiler?

Until then I can only give you very good advice, your boiler has a fault !!!

Tony

I'm gonna guess at ......... a Puma - overheating

Sponsored Links
This was my first time on this forum and I felt a bit offended by what appeared to be the tone in the first two responses. Unlike you people I am not an expert and would have appreciated a more helpful polite replying asking me to provide more information.

:cry:

reflector said:
I am not an expert and would have appreciated a more helpful polite replying asking me to provide more information.
When you buy something, or use something for the first time, do you take the time and trouble to find out how to use it, so that you don't break it or injure yourself?

Assuming that you do (at least sometimes) take care with the things you spend your money on, then why is this forum any different?

Are you treating it differently because it's free? If so, how do you think that affects the people who would be giving you free advice?

Did you read other posts to see how other people describe their problems?

Did you look for instructions that tell you what information you need to provide?

If you looked but couldn't find instructions, did you Email anyone, asking for help?

It appears that you did none of those things. And yet you're asking us to put more effort into solving your problem than you're willing to. FFS.

If you want to start again, and present the information that's needed, then you'll find people will still be happy to help. Please read the following sticky topic first:

before you ask a question please read this

reflector said:
This was my first time on this forum and I felt a bit offended by what appeared to be the tone in the first two responses. Unlike you people I am not an expert and would have appreciated a more helpful polite replying asking me to provide more information.

:cry:

Welcome to the wonderful world of diynot ;) - yes some poeple can be a bit brusk here (but they can also, given the right information, be very helpful). "Full spec's please" is a standard response for any forum of this type - from PCs to Cars to DIY. So try again with all the info you have and you may find someone can point you in the right direction.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back