Danfoss TPOne-B temperature issue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I recently replaced a failed Siemens Rev17 room thermostat with a Danfoss TPOne (battery) stat.

The issue I have with the Danfoss, is whatever temeprature you set it as, it is too precise to maintain the set temp and is therefore calling the boiler more frequently than the Siemens unit it replaced.

I'm not sure if this makes sense but with the Siemens unit, if I set a temperature i.e 16degrees, it would only call for heat when the temperature dropped to 15.6degrees and it would shut the boiler off when it reached 16.2degrees. This meant the boiler/pump would only come on every several hours.

With the Danfoss unit, if I set the temperature to 16 degrees, it seems as soon as it falls to 16degrees it will call for heat, maybe stay on for a minute and then stop calling even though the display will still show 16degrees and there hasn't been an increase in temp. It just seems like the Danfoss unit has less "tolerance" and being too precise to maintain the temperature. It will then keep doing this, perhaps several times an hour.

I don't think this would necesarrily use more gas maintaining the heat this way, but I'm guessing this more frequent stop/starting might put more wear on the pump and zone valves?

I've read the user and installer guides and I can't see anywhere to "alter" this temperature range. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these units or if I missed something or is this just the intended way this unit operates?

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back