Danfoss TRV and Bosch Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I need to remove a downstairs radiator to paint behind it. I have shut the standard valve off and turned the Danfoss valve to 0.
I then checked the bleed valve at the top of the radiator to make sure it was sealled off, but the bleed valve gave almost a pint of water before I gave up. I don't want to drain the whole system if possible. Is there any reason why the valves would not seal the radiator? I have read about Danfoss TRV's getting stuck closed, but not stuck open....is that a possibility?
Thanks IMG_2622.JPG IMG_2624.JPG IMG_2625.JPG

Sponsored Links
Combi or conventional boiler the combi will release a pint of so until pressure drops .worth capping when removed or a sudden cold snap could see you flooded.

combo boiler.
pressure is down to 0.8 bar and still bleeding out. plus I can’t figure out how to get the trv off to check the pin. the large black plastic nut makes horrible clicking noises when i try to turn it.

Attachments

• EBDDAE8A-FE65-4E0F-A659-1582959766C1.jpeg
    EBDDAE8A-FE65-4E0F-A659-1582959766C1.jpeg
    225.4 KB · Views: 271
  • 9F5B7C6A-3DB9-413E-A74B-FAC0F1D2E0BD.jpeg
    9F5B7C6A-3DB9-413E-A74B-FAC0F1D2E0BD.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 172
Sponsored Links
Does the TRV go any further than 0? Defrost etc? You may need a plate inside to ensure it cuts the water off completely.
Use an adjustable spanner on the valve to wind it right in to make sure it seals (not too hard!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back