Danfoss valve isolation with no TVR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I want to remove an old radiator (replacing with a new one), it has Danfoss valve but I no longer have the TRV, it is in the off position but a bit of water still flows from the system. I cracked the nut to drain the radiator but stopped when i could feel the water was hot. Lockshield is closed at the other end.

The pin on the valve has can be pushed in about 3mm. Is that the valve complete closed off when I do that?

I read about some sort of decorating caps for Danfoss valves (and a trick with a 5p). Is that what I need to do here? Find something to push that pin in while I have the radiator off to stop water flow?

Photo of the valve below for reference.

upload_2018-11-7_21-6-34.png

FYI, my end goal will be draining the system and fitting a new rad/pipes/TRV in a different location, so i'm not worried if i wreck the valve. I just dont want to drain the whole system before I'm ready to put on the new rad.

Thanks the help!
Iain

Sponsored Links
The term decorators cap, simply means a plastic cap that screws on to the valve and holds it closed so no water passes while you remove the radiator to decorate, you will need a new sensor anyway so just buy a valve they come with the decorators cap they are not expensive and you will have a new sensor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back