danfoss wall dial thermostat. confusion.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a little confused about the dial thermostat in my hall versus the programmer in my room.

I've just received delivery of a new baby and I want to switch the Central heating from the three period timer to the constant thermostat controlled house temperature. No matter what I try, I can't get the heating to do what I want. I have a danfoss programmer which I thought I just needed to put on to the " on " mode which would allow the dial thermostat to control the temperature. In stead, the heating just comes on and pumps out max heat even when I set the thermostat to min temp. There is never any " click " on the thermostat either.

Any ideas?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
It all depends upon what the actual room temperature is. The thermostat should 'click' at value that corresponds to the temperature in the room. So if the room is at 20 degrees, then the thermostat should click at approximately that value.

If the room temperature is less than the set temperature, the heating will be on full until the set temperature is reached.

Otherwise it sounds like the thermostat is faulty, or maybe needs new batteries if it's battery operated. What make / model is it?

The thermostat should work this way whenever the heating is set to be 'on', regardless of the 'mode' of the programmer is operating in. The programmer determines when the heating is 'on' the thermostat controls the temperature.

Danfoss rmt230l. No matter what the temp in the hall, the thermostat never clicks to activate the heating. I think it must be faulty.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back