dark Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
dark kitchen
can anyone give me an idea on how to get more light into this kitchen.
We would like to buy this house but you need lights on all the time.
the kithen window faces west, and the oak tree is very large and also stops a lot of the light coming in, any help would be nice.

Gary

Sponsored Links
The tree looks maintained although can only see the bottom half, if it's not then a tree surgeon can thin it out and reduce it. Will prob need doing every 3-5 years though.
Apart from the tree, you could always add bigger windows, use light coloured or white decor, glass, stainless steel and mirrors to brighten up a room, also fitting glass doors or glass bricks internally to nick light from other rooms.

If all else fails, some low voltage lighting that's designed to not be intrusive or glaring when using the room in the daytime.

*edit* the crazy inventor in me just thought you could fit some kind of reflective mirror or panel in the garden to redirect the sunlight at the window. (Yes I know, slightly bonkers)

cheers for your input, i have been looking into maybe a natural light tube running threw the house somehow.
It would have to be directed threw a wardrobe i guess but i am finding it hard to get advise.
cheers

Gary

Sponsored Links
Don`t think a light tube would work if it was that long :cry: sometimes called a sunpipe -maybe google that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back