Dark rings in the lawn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Every year I get dark rings in the lawn about 200mm wide and about 1mtr across. Toadstools then start to grow but only in the dark part of the rings?

I have no idea what these are or why they appear but they fascinate me. They never pop up in the same place only in the same area of the lawn

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Sponsored Links
We had this problem on our bowling green, I'm not expert but our greenkeeper called it the Fairy Ring disease. Loads of info on google if that what you're seeing.
disfairy.jpg
images

tp13.jpg

Thanks masona, thats just what I'm seeing.

As you say theres loads of good stuff about this disease (now I know what it's called) but no cure. Did your greenkeeper get it under control?

Sponsored Links
I understand it's very difficult to control so the greenkeeper dug it out with a special tools for bowling green because we were spreading it all over the green as we walk on it. Cut out in 12" square and 12" deep :eek: in a wedge shape. Although it's harmless, you don't have to do this if you can live with it. I don't know if there are any killer stuff you can put on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back