Darker wood floors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm being moaned at by Mrs Chri5- she's right, I promised to do the floor and haven't even sources the materials.

We live in a 1910 Edwardian Terrace and want to do the front main reception as a Colonial room, think 3 /4 white shutters on the huge bay windows, modern old style rads, nice slate fire place and a mid to dark floor offset by white 10" skirting and architrave.

So now the questions:-

I'm not convinced distressed wood is the way forward, it all looks too fabricated and some of the hand finish looks poor.

Here some Elka dark oak- the scraping looks horrid, but the colour isn't bad

solid-antique-oak-h2.jpg

So I had thought about golden oak, but the scraping will still be on it-even if you can't see it as much

solid-golden-oak-h2.jpg

So generally I think the rustic, scraped look is a no goer.

Can anyone throw in a couple of urls for sites that have solid oak in a dark golden colour, even a mid walnut would do.

Would prefer bevel 130mm + and no engineering type flooring, must be solid. Would prefer sub £40 m sq, since a need 23 m sq.

Thank for any creative ideas or links.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back