Dash cam?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Next base 322GW
Keeps asking me to insert and card , tried 3 different ones ,still says the same , all 3 cards now don't work after I tried in the dash cam.
Tried resetting etc....any idea?

Sponsored Links
Tried reformatting the SD cards? I believe the maximum size of the SD card can be 128gb and a minimum U3 class.

Last edited:
I've tried 3 different SD cards 32gb , 4Gb and 16gb
Can't reformat in the camera itself, as it keeps saying insert card, as above the cards I tried work ok, but once tried in the camera ,they stopped working altogether...when tried in my laptop , 100% working before that

Sponsored Links
Have you tried Formatting the cards on computer - possibly at a DOS or Terminal level.

Possibly the first check is to see if the cards can be 'seen' in file manager/Finder on a computer. If they are visible at that level then you should be able to format to FAT32. Once that is done it should be possible to format the card in the dashcam.

Are you inserting the cards into the DAshCam with the DC in operation? That could 'kill' them.

Yes tried formatting on the laptop which was done on 2 of the cards , and yes camera was on when cards were inserted.
Even if cards were full , surely they camera should not be asking to insert if it's inserted?

Inserting the cards with DC in operation can't kill them because that's only way to format the card when in the camera, which is needed every few weeks via the camera.

Thanks diver Fred , done that too still coming up with insert card, don't understand it .

Have you tried putting some contact cleaner on the connectors before inserting

don't understand it .
If you have 3 cards that work in a laptop, then you have a faulty camera. Having performed multiple card insert operations Id expect the camera contacts to be clean enough. Perhaps time for a new camera.

Didn't understand the bit about having to regularly format the card. My nextbase automatically overwrote the oldest footage with the newest when the card was full...

Sponsored Links
Back