Daumier Duval thema classic 24e boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above boiler and it will not ignite, I switch it on and it goes through the cycle, water pump starts, fan starts and so on but even though it does all the right things it still will not fire up also there is no condensation inside and the pressure is steady at 1.5 bar, any ideas anyone

Sponsored Links
is the red neon flashing ? have you tried resetting that boiler, was the system pressure low and you topped it up ?

Thanks for the reply, I've checked everything and I think that the gas valve is not opening when it goes through the cycle, everything seems fine but it will not fire up, is there a sensor on the gas valve on this type of boiler, never trusted the French anyway lol

Sponsored Links
The red light started flashing after cycling out without igniting, I haven't had to top it up and the pressure is constant at 1.3 to 1.5 bar can't understand what's happening one thing I have noticed is that the fan is nice and free running but doesn't rotate very fast when it start the cycle

I don't think there is any question that the OP needs a gas registered.

He has already opened the room sealed casing of the boiler which a DIYer should not be doing!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back