De Dietrich Induction Hob only 2 rings flashing O

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 2 year old De Dietrich Induction Hob DT1704X.
The left 2 come on when pressed but only flash 0 for a few seconds then go off
The right 2 do not work at all.
De Dietrich state the warranty was never recieved by them so want £150 call out (even tho we sent it off).
Any ideas, is there a re set, is it a basic part. This seemed to happen after no particular reason.
I have tuerned off the power then back on, the top left says d4.4G, the bottom left says 22.A3 (only for a few seconds) then it goes back to what I stated above !!

Sponsored Links
OMG. The same has happened to me this evening but in reverse. The front ring and right ring turn on and say zero but when I press to increase the temp nothing happens.
The back and left side ring do nothing at all. This happened this evening. I used the hob at 4pm and worked with no problems at all and when I went to use it again at 6 pm it wasn't working. Hob is just over 2 years.
Have you managed to get anything sorted over the weekend. I think a call out fee of £150 is taking advantage!!

Been on phone to De Dietrich numerous times as thought had a 2 year warranty (22 months old), they state that the warranty card was not recieved so void even tho I have the original reciept. Asked for a supervisor but no luck, they just state Im not on the computer. Contacted their head office 01256308045 and they said its £150 for a call out, same as the service department said. If it needs a new part the cost be over £300. Head office stated that the code coming up is due to the power being turned off and is not so much a fault code but it might need a powercard or key card.
Other than that, got no further.
De Dietrick complaints number is 0844 8711248, Im phoning them later today.
On the forums it appears this a regular fault and also very common that they do not recieve warranty cards (at £150 a call out I can see why!!).
Terrible customer service.

UPDATE;
De Dietrich do not want to know, even went through the complaints department (I had to phone back after 3 days as they never got back to me), they still insist it is not under warranty as they never recieved the warranty card.
Now the company who do the repairs under warranty have offered a visit / fix / including parts / plus a full 1 year warranty on the entire hob for £170 which looks I will have to go with.
Always ensure you recieve a confirmation of the warranty when buying a De Dietrich appliance, alternativly do not buy from this company (my choice).

Sponsored Links
Hello

Just wondering if you got this sorted and what it was. I have the same problem after turning the electricity off and on yesterday

Thanks

I tried all the avenues and De Dietrich did not want to know, so I had to take out a warranty at a cost of £170 that covered everything for 1 year. When they came out under warranty they just changed all the circuit boards and said the parts alone would have cost approx £350.
Not happy with De Dietrich at all and would not get another !!
When reading forums, this seems a common problem.
I also got told that the code does not indicate a specific problem, its just indicating that the hob is faulty.
Hope this helps.

Induction hobs regardless of make are very exspensive to repair when they fail and i would urge anyone who has one to insure it as paying on a chargable basis is not economical .

I had the exact same thing happen to my 714v yesterday afternoon; I was fitting a new oven and the hob was dead on the R/H side and only showing "0" on the left when I restored the power.

I tried a basic reset - failed.

I tried leaving it un-powered for a few hours, nothing.

So after a few rants and raves I started looking for spares and/or a replacement.

This afternoon I went to rip it open and check to see if I could spot anything obvious when SWMBO came up and said it had just started working again!!!!

So, my advice is -

Leave it powered on for 24-36 hours before giving up on it; after all it IS French, it was probably just having a nap, or taking part in industrial action.

I have a similar problem but with an earlier model No DTI 109 XE 11 and cannot find a repairer. Any ideas or has anybody found a source of spares for this model or successfully used spares from current models?

I have a similar problem but with an earlier model No DTI 109 XE 11 and cannot find a repairer. Any ideas or has anybody found a source of spares for this model or successfully used spares from current models?

Just replace it as de detrich parent co went into liquidation in summer 2014 in Spain and parts will be hatrd to come by, having said the teh UK arm is still trading.

My de detrich was installed in nov 2010 now one burner at back is gone (in 2015) despite using it sparingly, i will replace the whole hob when my kitchen gets done. Thing is i have noticed ceramic hobs only last for about 5 to 6 years years max, my old neff neff one lasted about 7 years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back