Induction hob pulsating?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently bought a Fagor IFF-4R hob and are experiencing a weird situation. When running the front and back zones together (left or right), they seem to cycle in turn eg front pan has heat for about 1 second then stops then back pan on 1 second then front etc. This means you cant maintain a simmer for example. You can also hear it clicking like an annoying clock as it cycles. If you use the hob any other way ie 2 fronts or 2 backs or even front left and rear right and reverse there is no 'pulsing' effect. Anyone else get the same on their hob?

I rang Fagor and they say it's normal and all induction hobs do it. Please help me answer this. I have been offered a refund but need to know what to do about replacing it.

Sponsored Links
Rarely see these appliances but the ones I have do operate like that.

They can not control both plates on one side at high settings at the same time so cycle, (same happens with the twin ones I have seen and basically the 4 plate versions were just 2 twin plate ones in the same housing)

You could have the large front plate on low and the rear small one on low to medium with no cycling but not have the large on full and expect the small to not cycle.

Very limited experience though with these as they are still relatively new in the domestic market.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back