Dead leg?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have noticed something which I suspect is a dead leg, when I turn the cold water tap on and then off the boiler detects a demand for hot water and starts the ignition sequence and then stops.

Boiler: Vaillant ecoTEC+ 937.

How could this problem be resolved?

Thanks you.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Were would that be?

Also I forgot to add that we fitted Bosch cold fill washing machine recently and the hot water pipe for the existing CDA (crap domestic appliances) washing machine was just capped off.

Were would that be?

Also I forgot to add that we fitted Bosch cold fill washing machine recently and the hot water pipe for the existing CDA (carp domestic appliances) washing machine was just capped off.

Run some water fast out of your capped off hot water pipe in case you trapped some air inside.

In any case after a few weeks/months it will probably dissolve anyway.

Or fit a non return valve AFTER the boiler on the hot water outlet.

Tony

I forgot to mention that we didn't cap it off; we just closed the valve.

And the machine was installed in July so I would have thought any air would have dissolved by now.

Run some water fast out of your capped off hot water pipe in case you trapped some air inside.

Or fit a non return valve AFTER the boiler on the hot water outlet.

Tony

Or just run some water from the "closed valve" then. The effect is the same!

Tony

set d88 to 1. ;)

I don't see d88 in the manual but I will try it out, what does d88 do? I am inclined to find out.

Talking about Vaillant boilers, do you think that the commissioning display system is very helpful e.g the boiler can be easily range rated etc?

Thank you :D

I set d88 to 1 and the problem is nowhere near what it used to be and will only occur if you close the tap very fast.

d88 was not in the manual on the Vaillant website but was in the manual that came with my boiler.

d88 sets the minimum flow of water before the demand for hw is acted upon, the higher the number the more water must flow before the demand is recognised. might be worth fitting a non return valve on the hw outlet too.

d88 sets the minimum flow of water before the demand for hw is acted upon, the higher the number the more water must flow before the demand is recognised. might be worth fitting a non return valve on the hw outlet too.

Thanks.

How much is a non-return valve?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back