Deal with stepped in brick in cavity

r_c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had the cavity wall insulation people round to give a quote, but they said that as the cavity was not clear, and they would not do the job unless the cavity was clear. I would like to clear the cavity.

This is a photo taken with a cavity wall inspection camera. It seems to show a couple of bricks, on the inside skin, that are stepped out into the cavity. If I remove some bricks on the outside skin (to gain access), is there a way that I can "shave" these protruding bricks down so they no longer protrude into the cavity?

Ideally I'd like to do this without messing up the interior wall of our house. Oh and maintain structural integrity :)

I am a DIY-er and have a brickie lined up to help. But would love to hear people's ideas on this.

Sponsored Links
It looks like they have somehow been knocked into the cavity from the inside. Are they behind an. electrical socket or similar. If the plaster is hollow in front of them you may be able to drill a couple of holes in them knock in some rawl plugs & screw in some large screws to jiggle them back into place.

I had not thought of that. Yes, there is indeed an electrical socket in the region. I will need to do some investigating. Thank you for your suggestion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back