Dealing with a flaky damp wall as best as possible

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an old stone building. Thick walls, no cavity. Its not been well looked after. I've fixed the worst of the leaks in the roof and windows so now its time to make the interior a little more habitable. I think the walls are lime plaster but they've been patched and skimmed with modern multi finish in places. This is mostly falling off now. Its also been painted over many, many times with any old paint they had lying around as far as I can tell. When you rub your hand on the wall a thick layer of dust and paint comes off. Its had several cleans but its still coming off. Longer term we'll being doing a full renovation but that is a way off. What can be done for now to stop the dust, or is it a case of needing to do a proper job. I know we want it to breath.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back