Debris left between slates and membrane

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi and thanks in advance, am in the process of having my roof done and velux windows fitted. It’s a house from the 1930 so the roofers have removed the slates and fitted a membrane as there wasn’t one before and the old cement was falling into loft. They have started to put the slates back on now but when I go into the loft there is loads of debris trapped between the new membrane and the slates they have put back on.. will this cause problems in the future
Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
stuff like this bugs me, just being lazy and out of sight out of mind - for them atleast!

Sponsored Links
Or when they get their steel and slate axe and shave a slate or 10 down for valley cuts, then dump all the shrapnel onto the felt and it disappears to find a new home just above where the felt support tray shallows out the slope, waiting for a bit of wind rattle to encourage those glass sharp fragments through the membrane..

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back