Decent bath screen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Can someone please recommend a decent bath screen. I purchased one from Wickes recently and when testing it after fitting, I noticed that water was seeping through the seal at the bottom and also through the edges of the glass.

It's for a house that I rent out so on a budget!

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
So you want to pay beer money for champagne quality? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Dig a bit deeper and buy something decent - it's functioning to protect your property from water damage after all. Kudos are a good brand.

Make sure the silicone is on the outside only, if you seal the inside edges then that will happen regardless.
Having said that, leakage is a design feature of most shower screens as far as I can tell.

There is a 'knack' to sealing those screens and enclosures :rolleyes: just ignore any sealing instructions provided.

Jupiter01 ensure the screen is suitable for power shower use even if you dont have a power shower,some are just 'intermittent splash rated' for a fairly decent hinged bath screen VP do the 8mm mode range they have an additional drip strip to help the bottom door seal to remain leak free. fitted a few 8mm showers screens & enclosures from VP and they are better than expected :cautious:.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back