Decent SDS drill bits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My supply of 6x160mm SDS masonry bits is getting rather low at the moment.

The last lot I had were Armeg ones and came with a socket box sinking set. They seemed pretty good and lasted well.

I'm now looking at more, and they seem to be £3 - £5 for most known brands including the Armegs.

Has anyone had any experience with UKDrills bits, as they are £1 each? I've used wood bits from them before and they were OK, and people seem to review the company quite well.

Or can anyone recommend a particular brand that will last fairly well?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Hilti bits have outlasted any others I've used. That said M6 are around £5 each from hilti.

£1 each isn't going to get you a long lasting bit but could balance out and perhaps get you a bit more use if you buy enough of them.

Sponsored Links
I'm impressed by Irwin Speedhammer but I haven't worn one out yet so can't comment on longevity. A single 6*160 is about a fiver. I think you must drill a lot more holes than me...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back