Decking advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I want to install decking around our above ground swimming pool. I've added some images. Can anyone advise a suitable method / design as I've never laid decking before. I assume I'd need to dig out some of the area for small footings?

The area without any grass is the extent of the decking area.

Thanks
Daz

Sponsored Links
Hey Daz,
Remember im a novice :p

i followed the Wickes decking guide
http://www.wickes.co.uk/content/ebiz/wickes/resources/images/gil/15.pdf

I laid mine on an existing patio area so was a solid foundation.

I laid out the timber frame and levelled with timber feet sitting on the patio as footings.

With yours, as its around a 'wet' area I would say put some footings in. How many, im not sure, but to be safe as many as you can to support it when wet.

Hope that helps and remember I'm a novice

:oops:

Give us a clue, with some specific questions, and we will try to assist

Sponsored Links
Well the clayey area is what needs decking and as it's clay I'd like some advice on what footings would be best. Then there's the shape. The pool is octagonal and I'd like the decking to look as good as possible and hug the pool and the surrounding area. The pool nearest the patio is higher then the rest and there's an awkward corner that needs dealing with as can be seen by one of the photo's.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back