Decking and K Rend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I'm planing on decking my garden and rendering my garage with K Rend. I was wondering after I've done the rendering I'll be attaching a ledger board to garage wall, will the render crack drilling through it?

Or could I build the deck first then render down to the ledger board?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Do the rendering first.

K rend wont crack by drilling into it.

Thanks for reply. The K Rend is going over pebbledash. The technical advisor said prime it, base coat, wait two weeks prime and top coat. Wait another month before drilling into it. Do I really have to wait that long? Might just go for sand cement render. Be a lot cheaper as well

Thanks again.

Never waited that amount of time before refitting rainwater goods, sat dish svp, etc! normally a few days at most.

Going over existing we clean, prime, bead then hit...have done it this way for years without any problems.

Sponsored Links
That sounds a bit more like it, if you're using base coat do you wait 2 weeks? I read somewhere people have primed then just 2 top coats on same day.

Thanks again for taking time to reply

The base coat is to give the dashing coat a stable base! if the existing cast base is stable you can coat and hit it the same day.

Tech departments are belts and braces with an agenda to sell you as much of their product as possible.

Sorry i just re read your original post...you will need a base coat for a render finish.

thought you were casting it :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back