Decking for hot tub

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hi guys I have started building a 2.4x2.4 deck for a hot tub. The tub weights around 1-2 ton in weight full I have installed 9 4x4 post and timber framed it up the post have Been concreted in a good 14 inch down x 12 x12 wide until I hi a solid surface. The frame has has been put together with 150mm timber decking screws in and screwed in multiple directions I was going to bolt the frame but was advised these can loosen and force to post to split with the amount of pressure being used. I have used 6x2 timbers on the framing and internal supports doubling up on the internal of the post and fitting four joist in between for additional support. Will this be enough ? I'm thinking adding another four joists internally and now fitting additional posts to sit on top of the concrete footings. Am I going in the right direction and is there any advice for additional support etc

Please see attached photo

The timbers at the front by the post are not supports just off cuts for packing off ready for when I put the decking planks down on the edging

Cheers in advanced ! Hopefully I'm going in the right direction

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    248.6 KB · Views: 886
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It looks good, you've certainly got a good amount of timber of decent size so not a lot more you can do really.

For others reference a concrete base is always a much better choice for a hot tub.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back