Decking oil / sealer recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone recommend a deck oil I can use on some Cumaru hardwood decking? The colour of the wood is beautiful so I need something that is clear.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Clear = yearly maintenance and lots of coats.

Don't think it really matters what one you use, no one has come up with a magical clear product that is actually that UV resistant.

Hi
Try ronseal decking seal. i use this every year. its easy to apply as its thin like water. tyou can use a big brush and brush it on from a large tin or old bucket. do it on a warm day after pressure washing the decking and the decking is dry and it will dry in 1/2 hr.

Phill

Sponsored Links
yes yes yes....

Liberon Deck Oil is simply the best :D

you can get it clear, or in a dark stain!! forget the rest.. Liberon Deck Oil is the best :cool:

i use it on my fences, garden furniture..and decking ( well i would if i had decking lol ) and it lasts and lasts and .. oh you get the idea.

water it down for the first coat.. a little, and then 100% second coat, this will last for years, and will not flake nor fade, nor nothing and is UV stabilized

good luck and let us know what you end up using

oh my good lord!!

why do so many snipe and correct a simple yet silly error on a reply to one's OP on this forum

yes yes yes, sorry i meant to put "thin" and not water down. but one would hope that the person about to water down "DECKING OIL" would know they would need a thinner's to water it down as it were, and not actual "water" clue is in the item name and is in the description on the tin.

but a big thank you for correcting me on such a gravely important matter
let us hope the chap did not use milk to thin it down eh?

oh my good lord!!

why do so many snipe and correct a simple yet silly error on a reply to one's OP on this forum

yes yes yes, sorry i meant to put "thin" and not water down. but one would hope that the person about to water down "DECKING OIL" would know they would need a thinner's to water it down as it were, and not actual "water" clue is in the item name and is in the description on the tin.

but a big thank you for correcting me on such a gravely important matter
let us hope the chap did not use milk to thin it down eh?

If you tell someone who is not a keen gardenener, decorator etc to water something down....they will probably add water, so yes....you should have said thin it down :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back