Decking on slope

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Was hoping for your help on an issue i have.

Ive had decking done in the back of my garden. Adjacent to the building it is under 30cm in height.However its on a slope. At the end of the slope from the ground there its approx 5ft 5 drop from the decking. I am aware of a loophole in the rules to do with what is the actual ground level. I.e the ground level is to be defined as adjacent to the building. Does anyone know if this loophole still exists or has it now been closed?

Thank you in anticipation of your kind assistance.

Sponsored Links
Mine is under 300mm at house to over 1200mm as garden slopes away done over 10 yrs ago so anyone says anything now they can do one, lots of decking like this where I live as its hilly, don't know anyone who has applied for planning they just do it.

Sponsored Links
It's not a loophole, but established planning law for any development not just decking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back