Decking or patio over air bricks

Build steps under the patio door and extend the 3 or 4 air bricks through the steps

Sponsored Links
So whats the issue with water splash onto the render, when its raining the rain flows down your 5m high wall to the bottom and wets it anyway

So whats the issue with water splash onto the render, when its raining the rain flows down your 5m high wall to the bottom and wets it anyway
Exactly what i was thinking but after research say splashes from ground are twice as much. ive just seen it on a few other forums. I thibk build the patio i under air brick then a step made out of conposite decking with air grills in maybe the solution

Hard to tell from photos where you external wall DPM actually sits but looks like render may be already compromising it

Sponsored Links
Looks to be wrong type of air brick should be periscope type to sides of doorway above door threshold height .
More like this.

Attachments

• D5E5BE89-47DF-4D39-9DAA-87DAEE5D0898.jpeg
    D5E5BE89-47DF-4D39-9DAA-87DAEE5D0898.jpeg
    399.4 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Looks to be wrong type of air brick should be periscope type to sides of doorway above door threshold height .
More like this.
I do have anorher 2 or 3 either side of the building. It has been passed by regs too

Will pass regs, they don’t cover poor design or layout, but you didn’t allow for final garden level.
I dont get what you mean mate. All my floors in house are on 1 level.it was an old council house with 1 door on the back and a large stone as access. To make the garden level with the house id need a lot of infill.

I dont get what you mean mate. All my floors in house are on 1 level.it was an old council house with 1 door on the back and a large stone as access. To make the garden level with the house id need a lot of infill.

I assume he's referring to you now wanting to put in a high level patio area which was not part of the original building regs application, so based on that, the air bricks are where they should have been and as such there was no poor design or layout involved. Having a step down into the new patio area solves any issues with splash back so crack on and enjoy the rest of the summer.

I assume he's referring to you now wanting to put in a high level patio area which was not part of the original building regs application, so based on that, the air bricks are where they should have been and as such there was no poor design or layout involved. Having a step down into the new patio area solves any issues with splash back so crack on and enjoy the rest of the summer.
Ahh i see yes it was not on the plan. It will just finish it off really why im wanting in raised.looks like a step down made from composite and the rest slabbed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back