Decking paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The decking needs a paint, I've used the pressure washer to remove the dirt and grime. But it has taken some of the old paint away.

What are the best brands of deck paint at the moment please?

Sponsored Links
Ronseal

Though all paints rely on the prepwork before hand, it will need a proper cleaning solution applied, they do a decking restorer, and a light sand, it ends up being rediculously expensive though

Ronseal

Though all paints rely on the prepwork before hand, it will need a proper cleaning solution applied, they do a decking restorer, and a light sand, it ends up being rediculously expensive though

I've heard that ronseal isn't that good. Heard it flakes off quickly. Would this be due to poor prep work?

I've heard that ronseal isn't that good. Heard it flakes off quickly. Would this be due to poor prep work?

Yes exactly that.

Most people just splash it on straight over the old paint and we'll weathered decking and it doesn't adhere to it very well.

Prepping decking is an absolute ball ache to be honest, I'm a big fan of just putting oil on decking, but on new decking must wait 6 months for the wood treatment to dry out. Otherwise it just sits on the top and washes off in the rain

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back