Decking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Wondering If You Could help me, My neighbour has a little bit of decking and wants me to paint it, can someone tell me whats the best paint to use? best brand ect.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
There are many types of decking paint on the market, most of them are water based, look great for the first year then next year start to peel off and look a mess. Better to use a decking oil which will penetrate the wood and stay on. Cuprinol do a good one, not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Whatever you do DONT BUY RONSEAL DECKING STAIN...

IT DOESNT DO WHAT IT SAYS ON THE TIN AND ONLY LASTS A SHORT WHILE!!!!

Decking oil is ok..but doesnt last forever..

Im going to do mine again as soon as the rain stops..and im using presrvative stain for decking...so it soaks in.

Sponsored Links
There are many types of decking paint on the market, most of them are water based, look great for the first year then next year start to peel off and look a mess. Better to use a decking oil which will penetrate the wood and stay on. Cuprinol do a good one, not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Hi,
I bought the Cuprinol decking oil, but after receving it, it says on the tin to use "Cuprinol Clear Wood Preserver" first, Do you have to use this or can you just use the decking oil?

Thanks

Personally id take it back and just use the coloured preservative..i put the oil on last year and now its all off again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back