Decking planning permission?

Sponsored Links
You can apply if you wish, its unlikely that the builder will want to do it though he may have a professional he uses. You can do it online, you'll need to provide the required drawings though and would want to put in a good robust application rather than the bear minimum. How do your neighbours feel about it? Would they object or support it? the planners may well ignore the neighbours feelings anyway.

A leading question, did the original extension require planning permission or was it done under permitted development?

ive asked neighbours and they are both ok with me doing decking subject to i dont go more than 3m. as few gardens down there is a decking similar to mine and he said he didnt do planning permission... lol

The original extension was just building reg, no planning permission so think its called permitted development.

Sponsored Links
You could just do it without PP of course. But you run the risk of feeling the wrath of the local authority should they find out in the next four years. Overlooking decking seems to be one that the LA pursue more relentlessly than other types of illegal development so you takes your chances. Wise to keep very pally with your neighbours and anyone else who may be able to see it. And hope Mr BC doesn't dob you in to planning. So do you feel lucky?

I did think but my concern is say neighbours change in year or 2 then im stuffed and can become unlucky lol!! some bit tells me take gamble and go for it and some says get PP. My council has a one 2 one session with planning officer so i plan to book appointment with them and see what they say and what i can do.

If all your neighbours are happy then maybe just go ahead with it. It's not the end of the world if you're forced to amend it in due course. New neighbours are unlikely to know or care whether you had PP or not. That said - I had a long, boring fight with LPA enforcement officers over a similar issue recently. In the end we had to trim about a foot off the decking.

The original extension was just building reg, no planning permission

Maybe so, but the plan drawer has clearly not given any thought to access and actual use of an extension with large patio doors. And TBH, I would have thought that it would have been picked up on the b/regs final inspection.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back