Decking risers without concrete footings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Going to put decking down around my extension and although I've seen them before I've been looking at the decking risers (i.e the plastic circular feet) and looking at a couple of suppliers they are saying that there's no need for concrete footings for these and you can put them straight onto the ground (i.e soil) ? has anyone done this and were they stable ?
I'm thinking that it's one of things that's stronger the more feet you put in but thought i'd see if anyone has any experience ? my decking will be an L shape and each "leg" will be about 5m x 2.5m (if that makes any difference)

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
It's all about spreading the load.

If the risers go into the ground then no problem (like the elevo), but of they just sit atop the ground then I'd say no.

At the least you'd want slabs under them to spread the load,

Thanks...that's what i thought....had a look around and others says it's fine to put them onto soil/grass but you still need about 100mm of hardcore underneath

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back