Decking steps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I ripped out an old decking step and replaced it with a composite one. My concern is the wood which supports it doesn't have bricks or Anything underneath. I fixed them to concrete around sides and front bit is screwed into side bits but there's nothing solid underneath. Saying that the previous guy didn't put much under either on soil

Will it be strong enough? I was thinking bricks along with fixings into sides
20190823_120017.jpg
20190823_102755.jpg
20190823_171731.jpg

Sponsored Links
Should last fairly well though with composite on small area I use composite for frame as nothing can rot .

Should last fairly well though with composite on small area I use composite for frame as nothing can rot .

The back a d side bits are bolted to the concrete which is good but I worry about the front bit which runs along the front near main decking. It's just screwed to the side bits of wood . People will be stepping on it first all the time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back