Decorating downstairs living room and hall!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've just bought a new house and are moving in 2 weeks time, we've been looking at ideas for weeks but are still really confused and would like some advice...

Basically we are trying to achieve a modern living room and hallway (which leads to the living room) with lots of white. However I think we have went a tad overboard on the white ideas.

We have a blank canvas to start from, the only thing we have bought at the moment is the suite which is black leather 3+2.

I've mocked up a quick example of our layout plans using the mydeco 3d planner but as you can see it looks too white... Can anyone advise us?

http://mydeco.com/3d-design/livroom/2980791/

(PLEASE NOTE, OUR TV IS 60" SO IT WILL TAKE UP MOST OF THAT BLANK SPACE YOU SEE - HOMEDECO ONLY HAVE A 32" WALL MOUNT TV)

Sponsored Links
I really like it like that. Its lovely and clean. You have the option of adding colour with accessories, for example a brighter coloured/patterned rug, and more striking wall art.

That way, if you ever wanted to change your style, you would just got to ikea and change the 'stuff' and not have to worry about decorating!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back