Decorating questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
DSC_0272.JPG
My jeans, shoes and top I wear for painting are always covered in paint. Would this appear unprofessional if worn on a job for someone? I always get messy so like to wear these clothes.
'
Always work in natural light, so paint in morning when sunlight is coming through the window and stop when there's no direct sun?
. Paint things outside if possible then take them in straight away to avoid insects.

Paint grout on tiles, so wall paint colour meets the tile or paint onto tile then wipe off with a cloth afterwards?

Never do work for your eternally complaining, never let u forget your mistakes mum again as this will affect your confidence!!

Sponsored Links
I try to stay as clean as possible when I work. I also try to keep the room and my tools as tidy as possible.

Natural light is great but not always available. Use tripod lighting when needed. Personally I prefer the light from halogens rather than LEDs.

Why would you want to paint the grout?

My mum insists that I paint her home rather than letting anyone else.

You're loading you're paint brush too much, so it drips as you move the brush around. Either lightly dip the brush, or scrape the excess off on the side of the tin.

You're mum will be denting your confidence even when you're 70; and they get worse as they get older. Tell her to shut up and be grateful, or to find someone else.

I try to stay as clean as possible when I work. I also try to keep the room and my tools as tidy as possible.

Natural light is great but not always available. Use tripod lighting when needed. Personally I prefer the light from halogens rather than LEDs.

Why would you want to paint the grout?

My mum insists that I paint her home rather than letting anyone else.

She asked me to paint the grout down to top if tiles. Not the bits between tiles.

I use a single halogen light. Maybe should get a multi pile

Sponsored Links
You're loading you're paint brush too much, so it drips as you move the brush around. Either lightly dip the brush, or scrape the excess off on the side of the tin.

You're mum will be denting your confidence even when you're 70; and they get worse as they get older. Tell her to shut up and be grateful, or to find someone else.

How u work that out from my dirty clothes?

Been there, done it, learnt not to.

But I could be wrong; try a rag to clean your brushes, not your clothes then?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back