Decorator Costs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again!

how much could I roughly expect to pay a decorator for the following?:

line walls with lining paper, except for kitchen/bathroom (semi-detached house, 3 bedrooms, average sized house, not massive)?

Paint all the walls and ceilings (except for kitchen and bathroom)?

Also, if we paint the first coat on to all the walls/lining paper will it be cheaper?

I am going to try and paint as much as possible, we have done the kitchen and will do the bathroom and a lot of the other walls, but the ceilings are a bit of an effort and I want everything to look professional. The same goes for the lining paper, we were going to line the walls ourselves but I was concerned it wouldn't look good enough so I'd probably rather use a professional decorator and I just want an estimate of the costs involved.

Sponsored Links
Here's someone else who hasn't read the rules,(rule 9).Don't ask for advice on prices and quotes on this Forum,ask your local tradesmen.

Roughcaster.

whoops sorry! I only wanted a rough idea, not genuine quotes! sorry. delete post if you like.

Its really impossible mate..too many variables..

Its a bit like when people used to ring me for a price over the phone..

If you ask for a rough price and someone is unprofessional enough to give you one then they will cover themselves by adding a fair chunk on...so then you ring another and another...all will do the same, youl go for the cheapest and still end up paying over the odds becasue if they finish sooner than they expected they wont give you anything back.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back