at what point does lining paper become priority...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'd like to know what approach do professional decorators take in terms of the need to use lining paper.
Say for example there is a stripped wall with 50% of original paint come off and a lot of edges flaky. Do you immediately decide to use lining paper over the walls or do you scrape and fill and then paint?
I guess what I am asking at what point does lining paper become preferable to extensive filling and sanding?

Regards

Sponsored Links
Lining paper will likely just show the edges of the paint, the wall needs prepped first. So, scrape, fill, sand, more filling, more sanding.

I no longer use lining paper, I use Zinsser Guardz. After wall prep, I brush Guardz on, emulsion it and see if anything shows, then fill and sand. Don't fill and sand directly onto Guardz.

I do the extensive filling/sanding and then apply lining paper. I just prefer the look and feel of lining paper.

I don't use lining paper to skip prep.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back