decorators advice needed please

D

dans0s

hi all i need some advice please. i need to hang some lining paper but have hit a little problem when i apply my paste its soaking into the plaster causing the paper to not adhere properly. im not to sure what to do i have done some research on the internet and i have found a product called size. is this what i need to seal the wall. also i have repaired some holes with filler can i apply size on onto the filler? i would think it would cause it to go soft but im sure you guys will know the answer thank allot for your knowledge and time

Sponsored Links
Don't worry. If the filler has hardened, size will not soften it.

It does sound as though sizing the wall would improve the paper's ability to adhere to it, although you could try putting a bit more paste on the paper itself (just one length, to see if it works) and apply firm (not too firm!) pressure with a wallpaper brush when smoothing the lining paper out. Keep smoothing until it is flat against the wall. Any small air bubbles whichsubsequently appear will disappear again by the time the paste is dry. However, if by the next day you still don't think it's adhering, then peel it off and size the wall.

Size is just watered-down wallpaper paste, really. Make it up with the correct quantity of water (follow instructions on back of packet of paste). You can put it on with a roller. Then leave it to dry completely before attempting to hang your paper.

Good luck!

hi all i need some advice please. i need to hang some lining paper but have hit a little problem when i apply my paste its soaking into the plaster causing the paper to not adhere properly. im not to sure what to do i have done some research on the internet and i have found a product called size. is this what i need to seal the wall. also i have repaired some holes with filler can i apply size on onto the filler? i would think it would cause it to go soft but im sure you guys will know the answer thank allot for your knowledge and time

The size of of which you have found would probably be a glue size, stay with a thinned wallpaper paste.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back