Decorators caulk to fill small cracks in plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it ok to use decorators caulk to fill small cracks in the plaster before pasting and hanging wallpaper? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, but I was wondering more about whether the pasted wallpaper would stick to it?

Thanks, but I was wondering more about whether the pasted wallpaper would stick to it?

If these are “small cracks”, surely it doesn’t really matter if the paste sticks to that narrow bit of wall? Or maybe you have a different definition of “small”. In any case, use polyfilla or similar.

Sponsored Links
If these are “small cracks”, surely it doesn’t really matter if the paste sticks to that narrow bit of wall? Or maybe you have a different definition of “small”. In any case, use polyfilla or similar.

Probably not that small - so caulk is an inch or so across.

If you are worried about the cracks reoccurring use Toupret Fibracryl. I have only used the caulk gun cartridge rather than the tub version. It is like caulk but with very small fibres to reduce the risk of the cracks reforming.

However, like caulk, it will shrink back. It can however be overfilled will a filler of your choice.

Getting back to your question-yes wallpaper paste will stick to caulk.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back