Deeds - Parking space advise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening All,

Not sure if I'm posting in the correct area, but here goes.

I own a house which has shared parking with my neighbor, I have never had problems with them before, they are nice people &, but they are going to start renting the house soon, and in case there is problems, I would like to know more about what the deeds mean. Years ago, both houses were one, hence the shared parking. My only concern would be, if the new tenants would have 3 cars. When I re-mortgaged a few years ago, the guy that evaluated my house, read my deeds, and said that he though that I own the parking area, but I must let the neighbors have 2 spaces for parking a car.

Below is, what is said in my deeds regarding the parking area. Delwyn is my house. Can anyone read and tell me what the understand of it?

"4. The right in common with the Purchasers and their successors in title the owners of occupiers for the time being of Delwyn to park at any time not more than two private vehicles upon the car parking area of the property being shown colored Green on the said Plan subject to the payments by the Vendors or their successors in title of one-half of the cost of keeping the said parking area in good repair and neat and tidy condition."

Many thanks

John

Sponsored Links
Don't see any mention of easement anywhere. Covenant does appear through out the deeds, but the heading of the section above was "the third schedule"

Sponsored Links
Occupiers of the other house can park no more than two of their vehicles on the shared parking area (which is defined on the deed plan), and they must pay half the cost of any maintenance work which may be required on the whole parking area.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back