Default How to turn the temperature of water down?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Does anyone know how I can turn the temperature down from the tap water.

I have turned down the dial on this picture from 4 bars to 1 bar but it made no difference to how hot the water was.

http://s21.postimg.org/7e5lzd4sn/Photo0011.jpg

the only other thing is this

http://s21.postimg.org/b0g0pr0jr/Photo0012.jpg

which is a temperature dial which is on 24c but I wont want to turn temperature down in the house though.

Any ideas, thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
So there is no way to turn the temperature of the water down that comes out of the tap?

There is always a way, but it all depends on how much money you are happy to spend.

Sponsored Links
Get a plumber to fit a thermostatic blending valve to the hot water pipe from the boiler.

tmv2.jpg

Picture 2 shows the room thermostat and the time programmer - and the thermostat should be set to about 21 or 22C. The boiler should be at 1.5 bar pressure. normally the blow off valve will operate if the pressure gets above 3 bar, so if it's been at 4 bar, you may have a problem with the boiler.

How does the water get heated in the summer when the radiators aren't on.

Do you have a hot water tank in the cupboard, and is it fed by the boiler, or an electric immersion heater - send us a picture. If it's heated by an electric immersion heater, then there'll be a thermostat where the cable goes into the tank. And if there's a thermostat on the side of the hpt water tank, then you can turn down the water there.

But if the tanks heated from the boiler, but there's no tank thermostat, then you're either going to get one fitted - which would also very likely require a new 3 port valve and programmer, or you do the cheap option of fitting the thermostatic blending valve. The negative side of this, is that the boiler is on longer overheating the hot water tank.

More info needed.

Picture 2 shows the room thermostat and the time programmer - and the thermostat should be set to about 21 or 22C. The boiler should be at 1.5 bar pressure. normally the blow off valve will operate if the pressure gets above 3 bar, so if it's been at 4 bar, you may have a problem with the boiler.

How does the water get heated in the summer when the radiators aren't on.

Do you have a hot water tank in the cupboard, and is it fed by the boiler, or an electric immersion heater - send us a picture. If it's heated by an electric immersion heater, then there'll be a thermostat where the cable goes into the tank. And if there's a thermostat on the side of the hpt water tank, then you can turn down the water there.

But if the tanks heated from the boiler, but there's no tank thermostat, then you're either going to get one fitted - which would also very likely require a new 3 port valve and programmer, or you do the cheap option of fitting the thermostatic blending valve. The negative side of this, is that the boiler is on longer overheating the hot water tank.

More info needed.
WTF are you on about???
This particular boiler has no provision for HW temp adjustment.
Room stat set temp is for end user to decide.

Thanks all,

boiler makes a loud humming noise? but is that normal with an old boiler?

Does the reading on the thermostat look ok to you on my boiler? It was just checked a month or so ago and the gas safety guy was happy with it. I didnt touch the red dial on the dial.

Well done TCC, I woke at 6 this morning, realised what you meant, and felt a right idiot at the way I'd interpreted it. And Gaswiz, I don't think I mentioned anything about the hot water temperature being set on the boiler. If there's no thermostat on the hot water tank, then having the room stat set so high would overheat the hot water.

Well done TCC,
Thanks(y)

If there's no thermostat on the hot water tank, then having the room stat set so high would overheat the hot water.

It's a combi mate;)

But even if there was a hot water cylinder with no cylinder stat. Your logic is wrong! Room stat is nothing to do with how hot the water in the cylinder would get;)

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back