Water temperature boiling hot but shower goes cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcestershire 24i junior boiler. The water is boiling hot coming out of the taps, but when using the shower it goes cold.
I’ll turn the shower on get it to the right temperature then after about 2 minutes it goes cold and to get the shower hot again I have to run the bathroom sink tap and it will come back up to temperature but when I turn the tap off the shower will go cold again.
I have been told that my water temperature is too high so when it’s mixing with the cold water I’m not using enough hot water so the boiler cuts out but I don’t know how to turn the water temperature down. Is this correct? Any suggestions as how to fix? I’m in a rented property and it’s been like this since I’ve moved in about 2 weeks ago I’ve turned down the only dial on the boiler but it hasn’t made any difference.

Sponsored Links
Take the head off the shower and run the shower at the temp you want, if the boiler stays on and the temp is stable the shower head is too restrictive, either clean or change it, if the boiler still cuts out there may be a problem with the boiler.

Yes that’s the issue, the shower head is to restricted. Thank you didn’t think it would be something so simple.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back