Defective shower tray?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We bought a new bathroom suite and I've now fitted everything except the shower tray. The problem I have is that it isn't level, what I mean by that is that if I put it on a flat floor and stand with one foot on one end and one on the other I can rock back and forth as it curves up at the edges. I've put it in place and tested it with water just to see how the water runs and it seems to pool front and back. I've spoken to the supplier and they told me that they get this all the time and it's actually fine they come like that (its acrylic) and that once it's fitted it will all be OK.

My concern is that if I fit it they will say I've done something wrong and wont sort it (not to mention the hassle of fitting it and removing it again!).

They have said if I'm not happy I can send them photos but pretty much told me they will just say its fine when they see them so I wanted to get other opinions, are they fobbing me off?

So are acrylic trays often slightly curved when you buy them? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
For sure, fitting the thing won't make it come level, but often the adjustable feet will remove the rock, as will setting it on a cement base.
Personally speaking, go for the stone resin type base with no feet if you possibly can.....is your tray a good make, and fairly expensive?
John :)

I imagine it is a cheap one, I bought it as part of a shower enclosure which came with everything (tray, waste and glass) and it wasn't especially expensive.

Yea, I figured bedding it down would stop the wobble but still not level. The supplier tried to convince me that fitting it would make it level but I pointed out that putting the frame around it won't move it if it's attached to cement but they still tried to say it would!

Sponsored Links
I can't really visualise how the thing rocks, yet it pools front and back!
Check with a spirit level on the top edges - all water should go down the plug 'ole.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back