Deicent rate for a plasterer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys!! Whats a decent rate for a plasterer? i've been charging £125.00 per day + materials (Thats what i base my quotes on). My (very experienced girlfriend in all and every field) tells me im too cheap!!! Have I lost the plot or is she (AS ALWAYS) RIGHT?

Sponsored Links
Guys!! Whats a decent rate for a plasterer? i've been charging £125.00 per day + materials (Thats what i base my quotes on).
My (very experienced girlfriend in all and every field) tells me im too cheap!!!
Have I lost the plot or is she (AS ALWAYS) RIGHT?

What's a decent rate for a plasterer? Who knows.Depends if your decent plasterer.Depends the experience you have.How much do you think you are worth? You say your very experienced girlfriend tells you that you are to cheap.Are you sure that when she says that to you,that she might mean YOU are too cheap,but your daily rate is ok :confused: Get her to tell you what to charge,but get too greedy and work dries up.

Roughcaster.

I do a good job, better than a lot of finishes ive seen!! and I can more than hold my own!! What would you say is a good rate?

120-150 maybe more in the smoke.

Good sign is if you're getting ALL your quotes then you probably are cheap but at least you're busy!!

Sponsored Links
Just get yourself a copy of the latest "Which" (consumers assn.) mag :idea: The prices , averaged across the country from Which members , are way up .....BUT the prices for Boiler changes/ Building extensions/Electricians are about right .......SO Decorators and Plasterers should carry a copy and show every customer :LOL: YOU ARE WAY TOO LOW ;) the Corgi "plumbers" and the Sparks are :LOL: all the way to the bank

I have just paid £350 for a plasterer to do two rooms (ceilings) over artex measuring 12'x8' as well as a passage measuring 22'x4'x6"

It took him one and a half days and the finishing is excellent.

I think this is a reasonable rate for a plasterer

I paid £380 - bought the materials myself and it was a couple o days work. 2 rooms 3m high and about 5m x 4m size - no ceilings. The finish isn't great though.

that'll teach me for leaving my keys with my mate to watch over things when i go on my jollies. LOL.

flybybry - have you got a number for the plasterer - i'm gonna need a room and the stairs sortin and i can see your in my neck of the woods.

hi all , my name is mat . I live in suffolk and have been plastering for 15 years . We tend to charge 160 per day for solid / modern plastering and 200 per day for ornate / lime plastering including pargeting , hand modelling etc . We believe we charge a fair rate for what we do as we don't hang about but don't slap it on either we tend to achieve about 40 to 50 sq metres per day skimming and about 50 to 60 sq metres rendering per day dependent on the size of rooms and architectual features . As someone said earlier if you get all the jobs you quote for then you are probably too cheap as a rule of thumb you usually get about 2 in 10 quotes . Another way to look at it is : here in suffolk i could buy about 50 pints with a days wages see how that works out in your area as it is probably relative to the local areas economy. Hope this helps in some way . Happy new year to all :) ps i am not in the habit of buying 50 pints just in case people are thinking i am an alcoholic , lol

"here in suffolk i could buy about 50 pints with a days wages see how that works out in your area as it is probably relative to the local areas economy"

Matstar! Thats a brilliant way to use as rule of thumb :LOL: I didnt arf chuckle reading that :D

Over here in darkest deepest Worcestershire we normally achieve around £160 per day for spreading with materials on top. Gotta keep all our tractors & combine harvesters serviced !!! :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back