plasterer seeking work in derby area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my name is joe, i am 27 years old, married with two children, and looking for work in derby as i dont drive at the minute, i am doing my lessons, so i would need to be picked up which i no is not ideal in this job, i am very hard working, can be left alone, and a good plasterer, i have not had much work in the past year as i have not been well, i am better now and looking for full time work, i usually charge £70 per day-£8 per hour, i have worked for plasterers and also been self employed, i can plaster a room including ceiling in 2-3 days, if some one would consider me i would plaster a room for free so you could see how good i am, i have never had any complaints apart from being to cheap, lol, i have been plastering for 6 years and love it! Thanks joe

Sponsored Links
i can plaster a room including ceiling in 2-3 days, if some one would consider me i would plaster a room for free so you could see how good i am, i have never had any complaints apart from being to cheap, lol, i have been plastering for 6 years and love it! Thanks joe
joe if you have been plastering for 6 years now you should be able to do an average size room in one day including ceiling, now if you charge £8 an hour for 3 days you dont work out that cheap if i was employing another plasterer i would want at least one room a day out of him if its just skimming, i cant see another spread taking you on if it takes you that long, but someone may take you on as an improver as that what you come across to me as, good luck though

Hi mate thanks for your reply, i see what your saying, and i take all advice on board, i am starting a job tomoz which is a room 5metres x 4metres with an arch in the middle to make it two rooms and two ceiling which are 3metres x 3metres and 3metre x 1.5metres, there two windows in front from, i have charge £390 including materials which come up to £85, do you think this is about right as i normally charge by day but customers, friends and family have told me Im too cheap so rather than doing it as day rate i price it as a job no matter how many days, i think it will take 3 days as i have included in the price taking off dado rail and coving, and taking down blinds, and taking two radiator off, the house has had a retire so i will also be filling in chasing before overskim, i will take some pics of before and after, thanks Joe

i would say thats about right, if i was you i would carry on charging for the whole job no matter how long it takes because you are not fast enough yet to charge by day and will get out bid by faster spreads if you try to quoting by day rate, also on this job you will be earning about £300 thats about £100 a day or more, if you can do it in less than 3 days for instance do it in 2 days and its £150 a day your earning,
now just to give you an example for £130 a day i can get a time served spread who can lay on 50m2 at a time so i wouldent say you are to cheap i think you have come in at just the right price providing you make a nice job of that archway ;)

Sponsored Links
When you take off the dado and coving are you leaving them off?

Radiator valves often leak, can you handle a job where you can't stop them leaking?

Radiator valves often leak, can you handle a job where you can't stop them leaking?

And I thought it was only me who had trouble with poxy radiator valves leaking once you take them off!!!!!

I've given up now, and unless they beg, I tell em to take the radiator off, or get someone to do it for them

And I thought it was only me who had trouble with poxy radiator valves leaking once you take them off!!!!!

I've given up now, and unless they beg, I tell em to take the radiator off, or get someone to do it for them

Happened to me in the bathroom, damn valves wouldn't stop leaking. So I cut a length of 15mm pipe and joined them together with compression joints.

Hi thanks for that, yes i am leaving coving and dado off, and i have a friend that is a plumber so he is going to do radiator for me, yeah had a few bad experiences with radiators, take them off, put them on, then they leak, lol, i used to charge £60 per day so i was cheap but because i am a perfectionist it takes me a bit longer, i prefere to take that bit longer and have no come back, as for the 70 per day i am prepared to work for min wage for a firm so i could get my spead up, just would like a full time job, thank you Joe

Good luck Joe.

Keep up the good work, the speed will come. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back