Delonghi Dragon Oil Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all

I have recently been given a 'Delonghi Dragon' 3kw oil filled radiator from an elderly relative.
Its a good bit of kit, warms up quickly, and heats the room well.
However, I noticed that the live and neutral pins on the plug are excessivly warm after use.
Firstly i changed the moulded plug for a heavy duty Permaplug i got from work.... no different, still had warm pins after about half an hour.
I thought that maybe it was the socket i was using, so changed it for new Crabtree switched, slightly better but pins are still warm.
Is there any other reason why it could be doing this? Also, is it dangerous?
Maybe i am being too over cautious but better to be safe eh..?

Any advice much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Marc :)

Sponsored Links
If it was using more than 3 KW it would blow the fuse so it must be working correctly. At 240 Volts, 3 KW equates to 12.5 amps so your plug and socket are running at near their maximum load. Cables and other electrical items are designed so that when running at their maximum rating they may get warm but should not get hot enough to damage their insulation or be a fire hazard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back