Delta bell loose connection when low battery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question as I believe its a setting. My delta bell start to go off if the battery is low which was shown on the main display for some days now but did not receive yet the new battery. I believe I have a setting activated which will enable the delta box to go off after some time when loosing connection to the main box so wondering how to avoid this as I had to go up the house wall with a ladder and do it manually not great :)

Sponsored Links
The only way to avoid it is to keep the batterys in check. Would suggest hard wired bell if possible.

The only way to avoid it is to keep the batterys in check. Would suggest hard wired bell if possible.
That’s what I thought, battery should have arrived on Monday but it seems Royal Mail has a delay so good to know for the next time.
Thanks

Is it a mk1 with the round battery or a mk2 with the square batterys?

Sponsored Links
Has your bell box got 12v aux terminals on pcb?
If you have aux volts terminals on you could fit 12 volt psu in loft to provide auxiliary power source to bell box.

If you have aux volts terminals on you could fit 12 volt psu in loft to provide auxiliary power source to bell box.
I honestly have no idea ‍♂️

That should be my
6911E8C4-67E0-464D-9CBA-C66A4A8A9E78.jpeg

You need to look on your bell box as earlier versions didn't have aux terminals.
They are 2 black screw terminals with 12v on pcb.

You need to look on your bell box as earlier versions didn't have aux terminals.
Need to look first how to get 12v to the bell box before I do anything else but it’s a good idea for sure and will save me a lot of hassle in the future.

Any 12v power supply you can recommend in case it’s possible?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back