Deltabell battery life

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Quick question - how long should the battery last in the wireless Deltabell?

FG

Sponsored Links
Depends on how many times you set it off ! And what ring time you have set , average life 3-4 years

Probably around 20 times for testing since being installed 14 months ago. Ring time is default.

Been quoted £46 for replacement battery. I am considering getting it hardwired but not sure if possible.

FG

The original boxes had a power input 12v ac or dc , you could fit a psu in the loft and power the box that way .
Then they took this option off
They are now putting it back on !
What unit do you have ? Is it the round battery or two slim flat batteries ?

Sponsored Links
I think I must have the unit without the power supply option since there is a leaflet in the packaging box stating "the DELTABELL-WE no longer has terminal blocks for connecting a 12V external power supply."

Mine has the 2 batteries in it.

FG

Update ...picked up a kit today ....terminals back on,looks like it's 12v dc only now ...

Ah, that's annoying that they did not just leave the terminals on.

Any recommendations on where to get replacement batteries from?

I'm still trying to work out how the batteries ran out so fast and also why the control panel didn't give a 30 days warning o_O

FG

Thanks. Will check it out.

What's the model number for the new unit with terminals?

FG

We always change batteries in the WE siren every 24months as customer always end up triggering alarms
and this then avoids a call out charge in between Svc.

If the alarm has activated more than 12 times, I'm surprised the batteries have lasted so long.

Customers get really ar$ey when you tell them cost of batteries and weve even had warranty requests - Incidentally
none of the MFR's will give any warranty on batteries.....I know as Ive tried several times :)

Had an electrician come round last week to have a look about wiring up my current Deltabell. After some negotiation, came to an agreement of £65 for labour and materials.

When he came round yesterday to wire up power supply, he noticed the bell is totally wireless. He has now quoted me £55 for a new Deltabell X (full illumination and his logo) which he normally sells for £75. He is not going to charge any extra for labour or materials.

Does this sound reasonable? £120 in total for new wired Deltabell X with all labour and materials?

FG

Last edited:
Thanks. Previous post updated as just remembered it's the Deltabell X, not the Plus that has been offered in the price.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back