Deltabell plus external psu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, my first post and I have searched but couldn't find the right answer.
I have fitted a pyronix wireless alarm system and have bought the deltabell plus bell box for the backlight function.
I know the bell box has a battery and also can be powered by a 12v supply but does it need to be from the control box?
I was going to run a 12v supply in my loft to power the box. And still trigger it wirelessly.
Can this be done? Will the battery be ok if powered with the PSU?

Can someone also confirm the led jumper position to have the comfort LEDs flashing on the deltabell plus.
I read on another post the link is connected to disable but the manual with the bellbox shows it fitted to enable the flashing LEDs.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
How are you going to trigger the bellbox ? You will need a wire from the panel....and a psu for the backlit box

It's triggered wirelessly. I have the non backlit version just now and that works fine just replacing it with the plus version.

Sponsored Links
No I'm not now, I thought the plus was the same as the deltabell-we with back light etc.
If not then it's my mistake and will have to return it.

You only have to think about it .....how long is that battery going to last lighting up a bellbox ? Only way possible would be a psu in the loft connected to a lightbox ( the delta x had the light box insert) not even sure if they make that anymore ?

To be honest it's only running something like 6 led lights at night so not very power hungry.
That's fine has been my mistake don't know how I could have missed that as read a bit about the plus box aswell.
Thanks.

Does the enforcer panel have enough power to power the deltabell plus?
Or is it better with a seperate small psu and just the wires to trigger it?

I will try and see if I can run the wiring for it and if I can than problem solved.

Thanks.

Yeh the Enforcer can power 1 x Deltabell plus.

To be honest it's only running something like 6 led lights at night so not very power hungry.

That's quite power hungry for something if it were battery operated. 6x LEDs is about 0.3W, so 2.4Wh a night! Your average AA battery stores somewhere in the region of 3Wh.

That's quite power hungry for something if it were battery operated. 6x LEDs is about 0.3W, so 2.4Wh a night! Your average AA battery stores somewhere in the region of 3Wh.
Thanks for that, learn something new everyday. Can see how the battery wouldn't last.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back