Pyronix Deltabell compatibility

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a system dating back to early 2000's with an Accenta G3 panel and a Lynteck Vortex bell box. The LEDs are failing on the box and I've got a Pyronix Deltabell to fit ( with backlighting) I believe there are 5 wires feeding the box Hold +, Hold- , TG- , STB- and Return. The Deltabell has connections T , STB, Bell, 12v + and -. Could anyone tell me how to swap the wires over? Do I need to fit a link between T and 12v- ? Also do I need a resistor between Bell and 12v+ on the panel? I think I may be out of my depth here and would appreciate any help
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hold+ = 12volt +
Hold- = OV
STB = STB STROBE LIGHT
Return = T
You will need to put a wire link from the OV - to the other T on the pc
TG = Bell
These are the connections to swap over the bell box
You will also need to put the little black jumper on int batt
If all ok hit thanks

why do folk make things harder than they need to be, fit like for like systems and save any confusion.

Handymanjo, do I need to fit one of the resistors to the panel?

Sponsored Links
You don't need any resistors unless you have a grade three bell box and your monitoring the fault output as far as I can see.

Thanks, I'll have a crack at it in the week. I know the system is antiquated but it's good enough for my needs.

My Reson8 bell box (connected to Accenta Optima G3 panel) has failed, as far as I can see the Reson8 bell box has been discontinued. I have purchased a Pyronix Deltabell Plus and have found various threads on this forum showing how to wire it up. With the Reson8 the strobe flashed and the speaker sounded momentarily when we exited and pressed the "Press to Set" button. Will the Deltabell work the same as it is important that we know the alarm is set when leaving.

Yes
Take photo of old bell box wiring before you change unit. Also that photo at panel end too. If you then have a problem this will make it easier to resolve.

Thank you for your prompt reply, I will take photos as you suggest. I will be waiting until the weather gets warmer before attempting the replacement, I am fairly confident but may need some help later.

Wired up my Pyronix Deltabell Plus bell box to my Accenta G3 over the weekend and all seems to be working well, except, I wanted it to flash and beep when I pressed my "Push to set" button when I leave the premises. The alarm seems to set but I do not get an audible or visible indication from the bell box. Can the Pyronix Deltabell be wired or programmed to do this as the old Reson8 box did? I would be grateful of any advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back